The traveling homeschool curriculum is now available!
Let us tell you a little more
- Download our FREE Valentine’s Day Activity Pack!
- Traveling Homeschool Curriculum: Explore the world from the comfort of your home. Created for all families who love to learn about new places.
- Education Travel Consultant for Custom Curriculum: Traveling somewhere new? We’ll work with you to create custom curriculum fit perfectly for your family.
- Podcast: Listen as we interview families all over the world. We’re here to learn from each other.
Our curriculum is created for all families with one thing in common – we love to learn through experiencing new places and people. Our integrated approach to teaching traditional subjects (Math, Science, Art, History, Geography, Language Arts, etc) through the eyes of travel allows parents, teachers, and students to learn in a unique way. Come along for an immersive experience as we explore different cultures around the world.
All curriculum includes three components:
(1) Chapter Book: Your family will feel like they’re eating gelato in Italy and learning French while talking with locals in Paris. Our fictional chapter books follow families through their travels around the world stopping at sites such as the Eiffel Tower, gazing at the Northern Lights of Finland, catching waves in Hawaii, studying sea life in Costa Rica, and so much more. We believe that storytelling can be one of the most memorable, authentic ways to learn.
(2) Parent Guide: As your family reads through each chapter book, you will be given opportunities to dig deeper with projects and lessons related to the reading. We’ll set you up for success with complete lesson plans, including project directions, scaling tips for different ages, project supply lists, bonus visuals & materials, worksheets, book lists, and more.
(3) Student Workbook: Your student’s very own space to follow along throughout each subject. Subjects include but are not limited to:
- Language arts
- Intro to Local Languages
ways to connect
ready for your next adventure?
virtual field trips
From learning about new cuisines to taking a virtual bike ride through the city you’ve always dreamed of exploring, each one hour interactive field trip is led by engaging, expert hosts for a wide range of experiences.
Virtual field trips coming soon!
Connection is everything. This space exists for you to build community, ask questions, share your learnings, and connect with homeschool families that share the same desire to experience the world in a unique way.
Jena, Nick and Christie moved to Encinitas, CA in 2020 and became friends while volunteering for their church’s youth group. Sharing a desire to build something great that made a difference in the world, we teamed up to start The Traveling Homeschool. We want to bring the travel experience to homeschool families, whether or not you have the freedom to travel.
Our goal is to help you create memorable family experiences that have the potential to mold and shape your kids (and yourselves). Our philosophy is that the best form of learning is by doing. Not just soaking in information, but experiencing it first hand. Our goal is to also create a community of homeschool parents who enjoy traveling. A place where you can connect with others who share a passion for adventure and new experiences.
jena + nick
Jena & Nick’s three kids were homeschooled for many years. Jena was the driving force behind the decision, and she willingly poured herself into the role of teaching the kids. Nick & Jena shared a love for travel, and since Nick’s business was 100% online, they had the freedom to go on lots of family adventures together. With New Orleans, LA as their home base, they traveled all over the United States and internationally. Some of their international trips included: Australia, Mexico, Dublin, France, UK, and Italy. As the kids (now 20, 18 & 16 years old) transitioned into a school setting one-by-one, everyone noticed how much exploring and experiencing new cultures shaped and molded them. Travel gave them a different perspective on life. In many ways, it made them who they are today.
jena + nick’s travel bucket list
Christie’s desire for travel was sparked from the moment she had the opportunity to travel to the Dominican Republic in 2010 for a service trip. Ever since then, planning weekend excursions became her full-time hobby and she gladly assumed the role as “the trip planner” amongst her friend groups. Christie finds joy in carefully accounting for all the details that go into creating a memorable experience. After having lived in Australia, South Carolina, Italy, Texas and a few places between, she’s now settled in San Diego, CA where she’s enjoying laying roots in the community. You can typically find her walking to local coffee shops, coaching middle school volleyball, and swimming in the ocean with her friends.
christie’s travel bucket list